MrOwl Online Contest – Terms & Conditions
This contest is subject to the following terms & conditions (“T&C”), which can be changed by MrOwl Technologies, LLC, a Delaware, USA, Limited Liability Company (herein “MrOwl” or “Sponsor”) from time to time without notice to Contestant (as defined herein). Participation or submission of entry in the Contest shall be deemed explicit acceptance of the T&C by the Contestant.
- "Contest" means the #MrOwlChallenge Contest
- "Contestant" means a participant who is eligible and chooses to participate in the Competition.
- "Judge" or "Judges" means the Judge or the panel of judges appointed by MrOwl in its sole discretion, who shall have final authority to declare the winners of the Competition. The decision of Judge shall be final and binding on the Contestant.
- "Prize" means the gift cards and Virat Kohli signed memorabilia given to the winners of the Contest by MrOwl.
- "Winner" means the contestants declared as winners by MrOwl.
- "Registered MrOwl User" is a person over the age of 18 who completes the registration process on MrOwl, including verifying their account, obtaining a MrOwl username and logging in to MrOwl.
- This Contest is valid those entitled to enter into any contract and is aged 18 years and above. Those who are below the age of 18 are not eligible to participate in the contest. They may ask their parents or legal guardians to participate in the contest.
- The Judges, employees or agents of MrOwl and its marketing agencies, public relations agencies, family members or the relatives, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Any such entry, even if successful, would be deemed inadmissible for this Contest.
The Contest will be held from Sep 23, 2018 to Oct 20, 2018
There is no fee for entry or participation in the Contest
5.Contest, its features and procedure to participate in the Contest
- To participate in the Contest, contestant has to log on to https://www.mrowl.com either through a web browser or a mobile application and complete all the steps mentioned. These include:
Contestant's entry will be valid only if they have a valid and verified MrOwl account.
Contestant understands that mere participation in the Contest does not entitle the Contestant to win any prize.
The results announced by MrOwl will be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
The Winners will be informed through MrOwl messenger on MrOwl. The Winner will be contacted after the Contest is over. In case a Winner does not respond within a maximum period of 15 days after the result is announced then the prize will be forfeited and may be given to another contestant.
- Contest Option 1:
Build a "qualified MrOwl branch"" on the topic of your choice. One "grab" of a "qualified MrOwl branch" from a "unique MrOwl user" will count as one point. Every friend you invite who becomes a Registered MrOwl User will also count as one point. (See the note below)
- Contest Option 2:
Sign up for MrOwl and follow @viralkohli on MrOwl. Every person who signs up for MrOwl and follows Virat @viralkohli on MrOwl will be automatically entered into random drawings for gift cards. Prize winners will be selected in random drawings held after the contest ending date from among all eligible entries received and combined throughout the contest period. The eligible entries will be decided by the Judges. The chance of winning the prizes depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the contest period.
Prizes will be awarded to the individuals with the most points.
Note:A Qualified MrOwl branch is a MrOwl branch with a minimum of 10 links. Only one "grab" per individual MrOwl branch from a Unique MrOwl user will count as a unique MrOwl user. Every friend you invite who becomes a Registered MrOwl User.
- Contestant will be eligible to win the contest only if all the terms and conditions mentioned herein are followed in full.
- For verification purposes MrOwl may ask the winner to produce additional documents to authenticate the age, ability to participate, address, and tax records.
- Any charge over and above the stated prize shall have to be borne by the winners themselves including without limitation travelling, prize collection/delivery charges, etc.
- Prizes shall be non-transferable. No Cash payment in lieu of the prizes shall be made. Winner shall have to bear all incidental costs, if any, that may arise such as transportation costs for the fulfilment of the prize.
- All applicable taxes/duties/levies such as applicable gift taxes on winning the prize shall be borne by the Winner. All deductions, withholding tax etc. wherever applicable, may be made by MrOwl as applicable before disbursement of Prize. It is the onus of the winner to inform MrOwl about their tax status and the applicable provision for taxation. The winner will indemnify and hold MrOwl harmless for any claims towards the winnings as per the prevailing laws of their country.
- All Prizes shall be subject to T & C and compliance with all applicable statutory legislations/ processes /formalities as may be applicable to specific Prizes. The prizes for the contest may include:
- Random drawing prizes for users who follow @viralkohli on MrOwl (Contest Option 1): Sign up for MrOwl and follow @viralkohli on MrOwl. Every person who signs up for MrOwl and follows Virat @viralkohli on MrOwl will be automatically entered into random drawings for gift cards. Prize winners will be selected in random drawings held after the contest ending date from among all eligible entries received and combined throughout the contest period. The eligible entries will be decided by the Judges. The chance of winning the prizes depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the contest period.
Prizes to be awarded for users who get the most points (Contest Option 2):
Build a "qualified MrOwl branch" on the topic of your choice. One "grab" of a "qualified MrOwl branch" from a "unique MrOwl user" will count as one point. Every friend you invite who becomes a Registered MrOwl User will also count as one point. (See the note below)
- Random drawing prizes (75 total awarded to people who follow @viralkohli on MrOwl) – 1,000 Rupee gift cards broken out as follows:
- Puma (25 total awarded)
- WROGN (25 total awarded)
- MuveAcoustics (25 total awarded)
Prizes will be awarded to the individuals with the most points.
Note:A Qualified MrOwl branch is a public MrOwl branch with a minimum of 10 valid links. One point is awarded for each unique MrOwl user who you invite to the MrOwl platform who becomes a new Registered MrOwl User by using your invitation. Any person who is invited and signs up for MrOwl will only accrue only one point and only for the person whose invitation they responded to when signing up.
Multiple grabs of a branch by any users will not accrue multiple points. You will be awarded one point per user per grab of a branch.
- Grand prize (3 total awarded) – Virat Kohli signed cricket bat & 1,000 Rupee gift card
- First prize (4 total awarded) – Virat Kohli signed jersey & 1,000 Rupee gift card
- Second prize (5 total awarded) – Virat Kohli signed shirts & 1,000 Rupee gift card
- Third prize (8 total awarded) – Virat Kohli signed caps & 1,000 Rupee gift card
- Fourth prize (75 total awarded) – Random drawings will be done from the fourth prize winners for 1,000 Rupee gift card prizes broken out as follows:
- Puma (25 total awarded)
- WROGN (25 total awarded)
- MuveAcoustics (25 total awarded)
The Contestants are responsible for their individual compliance with the laws pertaining to their participation and winnings from the Contest.
All prizes shall be subject to availability. In case a prize is unavailable, it may be replaced by equivalent prize as per the discretion of MrOwl.
In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple MrOwl registrations, email addresses, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Submission of Entry further constitutes your agreement agree to all terms of the #MrOwlChallenge contest. Subject to applicable law, you waive any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights and other rights that may preclude Sponsor from using or disclosing your MrOwl post and related materials or information. You release MrOwl from any claims arising out of any use or disclosure of your MrOwl post consistent with these Official Rules. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name and/or likeness and/or Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners’ list, unless prohibited by law. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes.
7. Other Terms
- This Contest cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion currently being offered.
- MrOwl reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Contestant has breached any of these terms and conditions. Any failure on the part of the winner to comply with directions issued by MrOwl, or in the event of any ambiguity / uncertainty / unavailability of the winner, MrOwl, in its own discretion shall be entitled to cancel the Prize(s) for the said winner(s). No correspondence in this regards shall be entertained. MrOwl’s decision shall be final, binding and non-contestable.
- Subject to applicable laws, Contestant hereby grant MrOwl by participating in the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, the right to use, in perpetuity the Contestant’s information, publish and display Contestant’s picture, posts, voice, video, statements, quotes which may be adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by MrOwl for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media without notification or approval, all without any additional consideration.
- If for any reason the Contest cannot be held as planned, including without limitation any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Competition, or for any other reason whatsoever, MrOwl reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Any failure by MrOwl to perform its obligations will be excused to the extent such performance is prevented due to reason of force majeure such as acts of God, explosion, labour dispute, failure of utilities, governmental interference or any other act or condition beyond the reasonable control of MrOwl. MrOwl shall not be liable for compensating for any financial loss arising out of such circumstances.
- MrOwl reserves the right at any time without prior notice to add, alter, modify, all or any of these terms and conditions or replace, wholly or in part, this contest’s rules and gratifications if any or withdraw this Contest altogether. Therefore, Contestants are advised to regularly check for any amendment(s) or update(s) to the T&C. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Neither does MrOwl make any warranty that the Contest and or emanating results will meet your expectations, or the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free.
- MrOwl will in no event be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential arising out of the Contest or use of the prizes given through the Contest, In the event any disclaimer is held invalid, the liability of MrOwl under this Contest shall not exceed the value of lowest single prize.
- The Contestant hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold MrOwl and/or or any of their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, shareholders, owners, employees, agents, vendors, or Virat Kohli and his affiliates, including his agents and sponsors responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses that the Contestant may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of participation in the competition.
- All other standard Terms & Conditions mentioned on the Website would apply.
- In the event of any conflict between the terms and conditions herein, and any other information displayed on the website, including the FAQs, Terms of Service, and on a MrOwl branch, in relation to this competition, the terms and conditions herein shall prevail.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New Mexico, USA. All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Albuquerque with the substantive laws of the State of New Mexico, USA.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mis-transcribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer or mobile transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible Entries received prior to termination will be included in the judging. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, Entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the MrOwl registration. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- Organizers reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this contest and modify the rules, prizes & funding related to the contest without prior notice. In no event shall the Organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses or damages, arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.
- By participating, each entrant agrees:
- to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Contest;
- to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize (or portion thereof); and
- to the use of his/her name, address (city,) photograph, image and/or other likeness for programming, advertising, publicity, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so.
- Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that
- any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest MrOwl headquarters in Albuquerque, NM;
- the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and
- judgement upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.